To Help Us Serve You Better
- Have the exact bus fare, pass or ticket ready before you
board the bus
- Allow persons using wheelchairs to board first
- Keep children seated
- Pull the signal cord at least one block before your
- Do not cross the street in front of the bus; wait until it
has pulled away
- Keep seats clean, clear of your belongings, and available
- Keep the designated front seats reserved for senior
citizens and persons with disabilities
- This bus makes frequent starts and stops. Stay seated,
if possible, and wait until the bus has stopped before
moving to exit
- Cooperate with your bus operator’s instructions
The following are not permitted on WRTD buses and vans:
- Smoking, including electronic cigarettes
- Food, drinks or alcoholic beverages
- Loud music players without headphones
- Loud or lengthy cell phone conversations
- Loud conversation, threats or profanity
- Uncaged pets (service animals are permitted)
- Head, hands and arms outside the bus
- Riding without shoes or shirt
The Storrs-Willimantic Bus and Willimantic City Bus do not run on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. The Willimantic-Danielson Deviated Fixed Route and Dial-A-Ride services do not run on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanksgiving Day, the day after Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. The Willimantic-Norwich Rt. 32 Commuter Bus runs 365 days a year.
Strollers and Carts
Folding strollers, carts and bicycles are welcome on WRTD buses and vans. These must be folded before boarding and kept out of the aisle if possible.
WRTD’s Willimantic City Bus and Storrs-Willimantic Bus vehicles are equipped with bicycle racks for customers on a first-come, first-served basis. Non-motorized two-wheel bicycles only. Customers use bicycle racks at their own risk and are responsible for loading and unloading.
All WRTD buses and vans are accessible to persons with disabilities. Also, some of our buses can kneel to lower the first step height. Please ask the driver to kneel the bus to assist you in boarding or alighting.
Reasonable Modification Policy
Passengers with disabilities may request modifications to current service procedures to access the service. To make a request, please call us at 860-456-2223 or email us at email@example.com. Please submit requests at least one business day before the trip. Windham Region Transit District will not charge additional fees for passengers requiring reasonable modifications.
Customer Service Center
Please call us for bus schedule information, for lost & found items, to schedule a ride, or with your comments.
Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00AM – 4:00PM
Phone: 860-456-2223 TTD: 1-800-833-8134
Lost and Found
Items found on a WRTD bus or van should be turned in to the driver immediately. When an item is found on a WRTD bus or van, it is kept at the WRTD office. Items not claimed at the end of 30 days will be disposed of. If you left an item on one of WRTD’s buses of vans, contact the WRTD office during regular business hours. When you call, it would be helpful for you to provide us with a detailed description of the missing item.