Dial-A-Ride is door-to-door shared ride service to and from anywhere within the nine-town region. Reservations are required. Service is available to the general public with no age or disability restrictions.
• Weekdays only – Monday thru Friday – 8am – 4pm (last trip by 3PM)
• Does not operate on the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
Where can I go?
WRTD can transport riders that start and end in their service area which is Ashford, Chaplin, Columbia, Coventry, Lebanon, Mansfield, Scotland, Willington and Windham/Willimantic.
Where can I get picked up?
If you’re within 3/4 of a mile from a fixed-route bus, you need to take the fixed-route bus (unless you are a senior or disabled). Destinations include Ashford, Chaplin, Columbia, Coventry, Lebanon, Mansfield, Scotland, Willington and Windham/Willimantic.
How much does it cost?
Dial-A-Ride trips are $3 each way.
How do I schedule a ride?
• Riders can make a reservation in three ways:
– Call WRTD – 860-456-2223
– Through our website* – visit www.wrtd.org
– Use the Ecolane “app”* – visit www.wrtd.org for more information
• Reservations may be made up to two weeks in advance.
• All reservations must be made a minimum of one business day in advance by 4pm. Reservations are made on a first-come-first-served basis.
• WRTD will make an effort to accommodate trips within one hour before and one hour after a requested pick-up time.
* Call the WRTD office to get set up with an account to access this system
When you call to make a reservation, please have the following information ready:
• Customer name
• Exact pick-up and drop-off street addresses
• Names of complexes or subdivisions, as well as building, apartment or suite numbers
• Appointment time or pick-up time
• Time for return pick-up
• Information about mobility devices (e.g. cane, wheelchair, scooter), Personal Care Assistant or companions
Be ready to write down your scheduled trip times
– WRTD will give you a 30 minute pick-up window for each trip
Arrivals and boarding
• The bus will arrive within the pick-up window.
• Passengers must be ready to board at any time within this window.
• Drivers cannot wait more than five minutes after arrival.
Where’s my ride?
– Customers will receive a call with the estimated arrival time shortly before the trip.
– WRTD offers text message alerts to your cell phone that provide the estimated arrival time shortly before your pick-up window. Standard text message rates apply. Call WRTD to ask for this to be set up.
– Passengers can also track their vehicle using the Ecolane website and app.
• The driver will be available to assist all passengers on or off the vehicle and help with up to three packages on request. (up to 3 bags with a total of up to 25 pounds in weight)
• Passengers needing additional assistance are encouraged to bring a Personal Care Attendant (PCA), who may ride for free.
• Wheelchair lifts are available on all vans and buses, and may be used by anyone upon request.
• When making your reservation, please inform WRTD if you will be traveling with a PCA or need to use the wheelchair lift.
Cancellations and no-shows
The passenger is considered a “no-show” if
• The passenger does not show up within five minutes of the bus arriving
• The passenger cancels the trip when the bus arrives
• The passenger cancels the trip less than two hours before the scheduled pick up time.
There are penalties when a passenger accumulates too many “no-shows”.
You can set up a “subscription” that allows you to schedule a recurring trip in one phone call. This service is available for recurring trips for medical, educational, or employment purposes. Just ask the dispatcher when you call if you can set up a subscription. This service is subject to availability.
To get started, call us at 860-456-2223 to get set up as a customer and get a username for your online account.
Ecolane website instruction manual
Already registered? Book your trip here